Saturday, May 03, 2008


This is it, Indiana. This Tuesday is it. For the first time in my lifetime, we get to help choose a Presidential candidate. You all know where I stand. In spite of all the crap that has been shoveled the last few weeks, in spite of the visit from venerable former First Daughter, Chelsea Clinton, to our dear ol' Rushtucky a week ago (for a whoppin' 15 minutes or so), my stand has not changed. I am an ardent feminist. I desperately want a woman President. I feel a woman would do an infinitely better job than most of the men who have held the office.....but not Hillary. She scares the living bejeezus out of me. I don't trust her as far as I can throw her. She has talked out of both sides of her face for years....both while Bill was in office, and ever since. She does not support NAFTA......yet she and Bill shoved it through. So on and so on.......


Mostly, I just want to say.....Hoosiers, for once, we matter....get out and vote. Take a stand. Make a choice. We are usually just a "fly-over" state that doesn't matter to anyone out there in the rest of the country. But, now, the eyes of the country, and the world, are on us. USE YOUR POWER!!!! MAKE A STAND!!! We CAN make a difference. You know where I stand. I know some of you will disagree with me, and I respect that, but at least exercise your right. VOTE MAY 6!!!!!


To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain. -- Louis L’Amour

No comments: