Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ok, so I haven't posted for a while. But, I have a REALLY good excuse. We pulled it off! Last Saturday, the Riverside Park Amphitheatre Committee put on one whale of a shindig down at the Amphitheatre. We had a hog roast, bluegrass band, DJ, games, silent auction, the Colts in Motion van......the weather was pretty good (AWFULLY windy, but otherwise, not bad) and we had a great crowd. We did a cake walk.....and we ran out of baked goods!! The people playing were having so much fun, they kept playing even though all we had to give them was potato salad and slaw!!! They didn't care!!

I really sweated this out. I am new on the Amphitheatre committee, and they made me special events coordinator. Of course, this was a special event. It was also the first event of the year, and the first time we had ever done one of these "community picnics" so I was completely stressed out about it. I couldn't sleep......my haircolor is shot......I couldn't eat.......I did a lot of non-work related stuff at work (like thats any different!!) and the night before, I was up until 1 am making out bid folders for the auction items. But, when all is said and done, we will have made about $3000 for our restroom fund. Not too shabby. I feel pretty good about it now.

I am really happy to have been asked to be on this committee, and some of the others I am now serving on. I want to make a difference in my little town. It has been on a downhill slide for a long time, and if I can help make it a better place, I want to.

Take a look at out Amphitheatre schedule. http://www.rushvilleamphitheater.com/ Come down and see a show. They are all free. We have a great time. Look around our little town, and let me know what we can do better. I want to make it better, I really do. Maybe some fresh eyes will help me see where to start. But, first, I am going to have several drinks and a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g nap!!!

No comments: