Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh, and let me say something else....I know some of you (well, that's assuming SOMEONE reads this!!!) may look back and think, wow, wasn't that long ago that I was suicidally lamenting the loss of a relationship. And, you're right. But, as they say, hindsight is 20/20. I was stubborn, really thought I was in love, and completely unwilling to see what wasn't working there....probably because I was scared. I had been told for years how different we were, asked why I didn't leave, and so on and so on.

All valid....I was scared, as I said. I was stubborn. That was a relationship that I had so much invested in, I was too close to see the cracks. I had to gain some distance and perspective to see we could not make it together.

I hope you are happy. I hope you are well. I hope your family is, too. I will always care about you all. But, I know now that we couldn't have continued on the way we were going, and that it is better for us that we are no longer together. You did what I could not. I hated you at the time for it, but now I realize that you freed us both to find our destinies. I hope you have, or you will soon. I know I have.

No comments: