Monday, February 23, 2009


Just want to be really sappy for a minute. I am SO HAPPY right now.
I never really understood the whole thing about "if something is meant to be....." and all that "if you love something set it free...." crap before.....but now I do.
After several years and much pain on both of our parts, our friendship remained. Then, when my life came apart, he was there. Somehow, he knew. I haven't asked him, so I don't know if he felt it or what....but he sent me a little message to let me know he was thinking about me. He didn't even know what had happened.
We started to talk again then, and he was amazingly helpful to the kids and I in getting us moved and such. Finally, I went to see him play music....and I have to say I am proud of myself for making the first move. We both know we carry a lot of baggage, and it won't be easy, but neither of us can imagine life without the other one.
I really found the right one. He makes me laugh, he loves my kids and they love him, he sings to me.....we can talk about anything or nothing. He doesn't make me feel inadequate or small or dumb or....anything but wonderful. He puts his head in my lap and dozes...and it is the most wonderful feeling in the world.
Thank you for still being there, Mark. Thank you for wanting to take a chance on me. Thank you for not letting my decision many years ago stand between us forever. I was afraid it would.
So, I guess when something really IS meant to be, it will be. And, I cannot wait to be with you everyday, forever.

1 comment:

Mike Reyes said...

Good for you! It's always nice to find new love in an old friend. I kinda had the same thing happen to me with my current girlfriend: we dated in Middle School, it didn't work, fought a little then became friends again, and years later we started dating again.

Glad to see you're happy again, Ms. Janet.