Sunday, January 25, 2009




I was reminded recently of this movie....I always liked it, but in a lot of ways, I am living it now....

Hope Floats

Birdee Calvert-Pruitt is back in her hometown of Smithville, Texas after discovering that her husband is having an affair with her best friend, Connie. The entire town knows what happened to flawless beauty Birdee since Connie let her know about the affair on a national talk show. Back in town, she's dealing with catty old friends and acquaintances from high school who can't help rubbing it in her face that she isn't as perfect as she thought while still trying to get back on her feet with her daughter, Bernice. Deeply depressed, she runs into an old friend, Justin Matisse, who tries to help her through, but is still in love with her. Birdee must make a new life for her and her daughter, but will Justin be able to be part of it?

Yeah, yeah, it's a chick flick and normally, I DO NOT do chick flicks. But I really liked this one. In a way, I have become Birdee.....and I found my Justin.

Thanks for taking this beat-down, sad, broken girl and giving her more than she thought she ever deserved. I know, I know....I'm being all sappy and happy lately....so shoot me.

No comments: