Okay, I have already written here about how insulted I am by John McCain's choice of a Vice-Presidential Candidate. Apparently, the Republican National Committee thinks that women will not be able to see past their sexual organs in making political choices. We are all so stupid that we are going to be SO GLAD to see a woman.....any woman, on a major political ticket, that we won't even bother to examine this woman more closely, look at her voting record, take a look at what she stands for. My best friend sent me some information today that just confirmed the absolute insult I feel at this selection, and the abject terror this woman strikes in my heart. If you have not seen this, here is the info she sent me....
Yesterday was John McCain's 72nd birthday. If elected, he'd be the oldest president ever inaugurated. And after months of slamming Barack Obama for "inexperience," here's who John McCain has chosen to be one heartbeat away from the presidency: a right-wing religious conservative with no foreign policy experience, who until recently was mayor of a town of 9,000 people.
? Here's some basic background:
- She was elected Alaska 's governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience.1
- Palin is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.2
- She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000. 3
- Palin thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.4
- She's doesn't think humans are the cause of climate change.5
- She's solidly in line with John McCain's "Big Oil first" energy policy. She's pushed hard for more Bush administration for listing polar bears as an endangered species—she was worried it would interfere with more oil drilling in Alaska.6 and says renewables won't be ready for years. She also sued the
- How closely did John McCain vet this choice? He met Sarah Palin once at a meeting. They spoke a second time, last Sunday, when he called her about being vice-president. Then he offered her the position.7
And people from my state are at the Convention wearing "Hoosiers for the Hot Chick" campaign buttons.....Holy crap. People have honestly been concerned that Obama is the Anti-Christ. I think they had better re-focus their view to the north.....Juneau what I mean?
2. "McCain Selects Anti-Choice Sarah Palin as NARAL Pro-Choice America, August 29, 2008
3. "Sarah Palin, Buchananite," , August 29, 2008
4. "'Creation science' enters the race,"
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=17737&id=13661-10249949-UDIJypx&t=3, October 27, 2006
5. "Palin buys climate denial PR spin—ignores science," Huffington Post, August 29, 2008
6. "Sierra Club, August 29, 2008 Pick Completes Shift to Bush ,"
"Choice of Palin Promises Failed Energy Policies of the Past," , August 29, 2008
"Protecting polar bears gets in way of drilling for oil, says governor," The Times of London, May 23, 2008
7 "McCain met Palin once before yesterday," MSNBC, August 29, 2008